High-impact windows and doors are becoming increasingly popular among homeowners and business owners across the state of Florida, as they offer numerous benefits over traditional windows and doors. Since upgrading your home or building is a big decision, understanding the ways in which you’ll benefit from the new windows and doors is of great value. With that in mind, let’s take a look at the main benefits you can expect from installing high-impact windows and doors:
- Protection from natural disasters. This is the primary reason why most people choose high-impact windows and doors for their homes, as major storms and hurricanes can lead to the partial or even total destruction of your dwelling. Because high-impact windows and doors are designed to withstand hurricane-force winds, pressure, and flying debris, they are able to maintain your home’s integrity, thereby preventing the wind pressure from getting inside and pulling the roof off and knocking down walls.
- Increased security. Considering that high-impact windows and doors can protect your home from hurricanes, it may not surprise you that they can also resist against break-ins. The laminated glass and heavy-duty frames make breaking these windows or kicking down a high-impact door nearly impossible. The average burglar is simply not equipped to deal with heavily-reinforced entry points.
- Energy efficiency. Due to their design and the materials used, high-impact windows and doors are superior to traditional windows when it comes to maintaining a comfortable indoor climate. Your home will stay cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. This will also save you money on energy bills, as your A/C unit won’t have to work as hard to keep a stable temperature.
- Enhanced durability & easy maintenance. High-impact windows and doors are designed to last for many years, with manufacturers offering warranties of up to 25 years. The frames are made from materials such as PVC, aluminum, or fiberglass, which are resistant to fading, peeling, and warping. This also makes maintenance easy because you won’t need to regularly refinish or paint them—just wipe dust or dirt away with a damp cloth!
- Aesthetic appearance. High-impact products come in a variety of colors and styles (and can often be customized), allowing you to choose the ones that best complement your home’s aesthetics. The laminated glass offers a clean, modern look that immediately makes your home look newer and more stylish.
- Increased property value. After installation, high-impact windows and doors will increase the value of your home or commercial property. The enhanced security, durability, and energy efficiency is attractive to potential buyers and can be seen as valuable features that set your property apart from others in the area.
- Lower insurance premiums. Insurance companies typically offer a discount to Florida homeowners who have high-impact windows and doors. The added protection from high-impact products means that the insurance company is much less likely to receive a claim from you and can therefore kick back some of the those savings.
- Reduced noise pollution. Reducing street noise is an ancillary benefit of high-impact windows and doors. Their rigorous design helps to block excessive outdoor sound levels from entering the home. This can make your indoor environment quieter and more peaceful.
- Reduced UV rays. Ultra-violet rays from the sun are a significant source of heat-transfer into the home as well as the primary cause of material fading. By reducing incoming UV rays, high-impact windows and doors help to prevent your floors, photographs, and furnishings from fading over years.
As you can see, high-impact windows and doors offer a wealth of benefits and are a smart choice for any homeowner or building owner near the coast. From protecting against major storms and security threats, increasing energy efficiency and cost savings, to improving daily living and comfort, high-impact windows and doors really are a must-have for anyone seeking to secure and enhance their Florida home.