If you live in Florida, you probably already know that high-impact windows and doors are one of the very best solutions for protecting your home from major storm damage. But, did you know that they can also provide significant improvements to you and your family’s quality of life? By upgrading to high-impact windows and doors, you’ll not only be protecting your greatest asset, but also enjoying a host of additional benefits that make daily life better:
- A) Improved home security. Reinforced entry points are a critical component of home security. High-performance impact windows and doors are designed to withstand extreme weather, including strikes from flying objects; it’s no surprise that their laminated glass and heavy-duty frames make forceful intrusion by a burglar extremely difficult. Their exceptional toughness can help complete a robust home security plan and provide greater peace of mind for families, especially those with young children or vulnerable family members.
- B) Improved energy efficiency. High-impact windows and doors are much more energy efficient than standard windows and doors. Offering greater insulation, they help keep the home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. This can help save money on your monthly utility bills by reducing the work performed by your air conditioning and heating systems. Not only do high-impact windows reduce heat transfer into and out of the home, but they also help to prevent fading and damage to your furniture, artwork, and other household items.
- C) Noise reduction. Another way in which high-impact windows and doors can improve quality of life is by reducing noise pollution. Their design more effectively absorbs sound waves, which promotes a more peaceful environment inside the home. This is especially important for families living in busy urban areas or near noisy roadways. It’s also particularly helpful for families and children who need a quiet and distraction-free environment to focus on schoolwork or sleep.
- D) Natural light. High-impact windows are a great way to maximize the benefits of having natural light in the home. Because they’re more effective at blocking heat transfer and UV rays, they can give you that extra light without the disadvantage of producing more heat and material fading. Natural light is widely known to boost mood, improve mental health, and provide much-needed Vitamin D. With high-impact windows, families can enjoy a bright and welcoming home environment that feels comfortable and inviting.
- E) Improved curb appeal. Installing high-performance impact windows and doors will boost the curb appeal of a home, which can have a positive effect on a family’s overall quality of life. When the home looks welcoming and is properly maintained, it can increase the family’s sense of pride in their living space. Curb appeal is also really important for families who may consider selling their home in the future, as it can increase the home’s market value and make it more attractive to potential buyers.
High-impact windows and doors can significantly improve a family’s quality of life in a variety of ways beyond simply protecting the home from storm damage. With improvements to security, energy efficiency, the indoor environment, and curb appeal, you and your family are likely to experience more enjoyment, safety, and comfort in your living space. Upgrading to high-impact windows and doors is an investment that should enhance your quality of life for many years to come.